What Is Drug Detox and How Does it Work?
A drug detox center West Hollywood residents can use when quit drugs can help lessen the pains of going through drug withdrawal. Depending on the types of substances you have been using, you may experience mild to severe withdrawal symptoms during drug detox. West Hollywood residents can come to Magnolia treatment center for help during this difficult time.
Some common drug withdrawal symptoms during treatment at a drug detox center West Hollywood residents can use include:
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Bone, joint, and muscle pain
- Insomnia and other sleep issues
- Mood swings, agitation, and paranoia
- Flu-like symptoms
- Difficulty concentrating and problems with cognition
- Serious drug cravings
Magnolia Recovery offers medical drug detox programs to help you safely manage this process. This is important for a few reasons. Firstly, if stopping your drug use makes you feel sick and anxious and causes pain in your body, you may start using again to avoid these feelings. This relapse can be avoided if you have checked into a completely drug- and alcohol-free facility and have strong support from medical professionals, therapists, and other clinical care providers.
Second, some withdrawal symptoms can become dangerous without medical intervention. In a medical detox program, you will be kept safe inside a treatment center designed with your comfort in mind. At Magnolia, we have a maximum of 6 patients in our facility at one time to provide you with optimal conditions for peace and tranquility, along with personalized medical attention available 24 hours a day. Using a combination of clinical care and holistic healing, as well as prescription medications as needed for your comfort, you will be kept comfortable and safe, eating healthy food and taking the time you need to practice mindfulness and meditation for a healthier mind and body.
Who Should Seek Drug Detox?
Drug detox and rehab is the right move for anybody who has been using drugs and alcohol regularly, using them for a long period of time or using large amounts at once. It is also the right thing to do if your drug use negatively affects your life. If you are wondering whether drug detox West Hollywood residents can use is right for them, they may want to look at the following list of signs that they have an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Recognizing one or more of these signs could mean you need professional help, medical care, and a rehab program customized to help you overcome underlying issues related to your addiction. These signs include:
- Developing a tolerance and needing to use a higher dose to get high
- Constantly thinking about drugs and when you can get more
- Losing interest in your social life and your usual hobbies
- Your life has become centered around drugs and you are incorporating drinking and drug use into any social gathering
- Spending too much money on drugs
- Feeling like you cannot get through the day without the drug
- Using drugs alone or first thing in the morning
- Borrowing or stealing drugs, medicine, or money from others
- Feeling numb, detached, or unable to control your mood swings
- Keeping stashes of drugs and paraphernalia around the house or on your person “just in case”
- Continuing to use drugs or drinking even when you know it’s causing serious health problems, issues at work, or problems in your relationships and family
- Your drug use is causing harm to yourself or others, or you are starting to take dangerous risks like driving while intoxicated, using drugs at work, or breaking the law
- Feeling withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit or cut back
- You relapse when you try to quit on your own
The important thing to remember is that you do not need to hit rock bottom to seek treatment. Even if you don’t think your addiction is bad or know other people who have it worse, going to rehab now is better than waiting for things to become dangerous. The faster you get yourself into a treatment program the better. It will be easier for you to deal with the underlying causes of addiction and start down the path to a healthier way of living.