Couples Alcohol & Drug Rehab Programs in California| Magnolia Recovery California
It’s more common than you might think to have both people in the relationship dealing with some form of addiction, also known as substance use disorder. And there is good news, we do accept couples at Magnolia Recovery. Trying to quit drinking or using other drugs is next to impossible when the person you live with, and love is still doing so. Since addiction affects everyone in the family, not just the person, it’s a good idea to attend some form of therapy with your partner. We offer evidence-based and trauma-informed therapies for couples such as
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples counseling, aka marriage counseling
- Family Counseling
- Group therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Distress tolerance
- Goal setting
Attending these types of therapy sessions both alone and as a couple will allow you both to address any pressing issues in your relationship in a safe and supportive environment. There are some instances, however, that couples counseling is not appropriate like
- Court-ordered restraining order. Joint therapy must wait until this has been lifted
- If there has been severe domestic violence in the past two years
- If one or both persons fear the therapy will end in violence
If you’re looking online for couples alcohol, drug rehab, or outpatient alcohol treatment in California you might already realize you need extra help, but what about your partner? Couples therapy needs commitment from both parties to be effective. If your relationship has any of the following issues it’s a sign that addiction may be overshadowing your relationship.
- Frequent arguments related to drinking or drug use, such as money, staying out late, ignoring family responsibilities
- Needing to cover for your partner’s work or school absences due to drug use
- Drinking or drug use is the main thing you do together
- Episodes of minor or severe domestic violence
- Isolating the family from friends and relatives to hide signs of addiction
Benefits of Couples Rehab
As mentioned above addiction doesn’t just affect the individual, but everyone in the family unit. Like tossing a pebble into a pond it ripples out in waves to everything around it. When you attend couples alcohol and drug rehab at Magnolia Recovery your relationship will benefit from things like:
- Improved communication skills. When you participate in therapy, you’ll learn how to express yourself and your emotions. This is essential for a healthy relationship and all your dealings in life like work or school.
- Conflict resolution. When conflict does arise in the relationship you’ll learn how to handle it in a manner that is safe for both of you. It can be hard to be open and vulnerable with each other after so much has happened, but it’s essential for managing conflict. You’ll have our expert therapists guiding you toward learning how to negotiate and manage disagreements.
- Understand the dynamics in the relationship. Couples therapy sessions will allow you to look at your relationship, to see who has the power. Is it divided equally, or does one person hold more? Why is it that way? Answering these questions will help identify common points of conflict within your relationship.
- Recognize enabling behaviors. Your therapist will work with both of you to identify the behaviors that enable substance use and adapt them to healthier ones.
- Gain clarity within the relationship. What does each person want within this relationship? Are the goals and aspirations aligned with each other? Is the relationship salvageable? Having neutral third-party listening will help you plan your roadmap to a better relationship, apart or together.
- Rebuilding trust within the relationship. Once trust is broken it’s difficult to restore without professional help. Your therapist can safely walk you through identifying how and why trust is gone within the relationship, and if it can be fixed.
- Setting boundaries. You’ll learn how to set healthy boundaries with each other, and how to respect them.
- Rebuilding intimacy and friendship. Living with addiction can make life so miserable you may not even realize why you got together in the first place. Couples therapy can help restore your connection to each other, otherwise known as the “spark”
- Relapse prevention planning. Having someone going through what you are by your side is a powerful opportunity for support, strengthening your resolve and connection. People are much more likely to overcome addiction if they have healthy and supportive relationships, and attending couples rehab is an excellent way to build them.
You may be asking yourself if couples rehab for drugs or alcohol works, and studies show evidence that it does work, sometimes even better than if you attended individually. Couples-based interventions for alcohol use disorder show higher rates of abstinence than individual based. Couples who attend therapy also showed significant improvement in relationship satisfaction and a significant decrease in spousal violence. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by attending couples’ alcohol or drug rehab, a fresh start, and a new chapter in your relationship.
Why Choose Magnolia Recovery for Spousal or Partner Rehab
When you choose to attend Magnolia Recovery for couples drug or alcohol rehab you’re entering the care of professionals who are highly skilled at their jobs, but also people who truly care about you and your success. We are committed to helping you navigate your path of recovery, and forming the best treatment plan based on your needs. Our facility is a residential 6-bed facility, with a high staff-to-patient ratio. This allows us to give you more attention, and ensure you’ll never feel like you’re in a hospital. Our spaces are comfortable, light-filled, and well-appointed. We offer a pool and outdoor lounge space for relaxation and exercise, as well as many other amenities. We provide healthful, delicious meals and snacks and can accommodate a wide variety of dietary needs. Alongside therapy, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in holistic remedies like yoga, meditation, and massage. We arrange weekly outings to beaches, museums, art galleries, and a host of other local sights and activities. At Magnolia Recovery we believe that care should be barrier-free, affordable, and personalized. You are in charge of your recovery at every step of the journey. We accept most kinds of insurance, contact our admissions specialists at (818) 431-2224 who are standing by 24/7 to answer any questions you might have. You and your partner are just a call away from a different life, perhaps one you never thought could be possible!